Schomp Hyundai Welcomes a New Baby-Ute: the 2020 Venue
Hyundai says the 2020 Hyundai Venue subcompact SUV is ideal for “urban adventurers.” The Denver area has plenty: largely younger drivers, less able to afford a bigger SUV, who still like the vibe, want to have the cargo space that can carry their gear around town or into the mountains, but are conscious of fuel efficiency and environmental friendliness.
The 2020 Venue fits the bill. Priced between $18-$23k, it’s split rear seats, when folded down, give the Venue a total of 32 cubic feet of cargo space. It boasts an estimated 32 combined city/highway mpg when paired with the available continuously variable transmission (CVT). As an added plus, it’s the shortest SUV in the subcompact segment (99.2” wheelbase), making it easier to park on crowded city streets.
It is really cool looking, with a lot of customization options including seven colors, available contrasting roof and two interior choices, available 17-inch alloy wheels and power sunroof.
HYUNDAI VENUE DETAILS
Some of the other highlights include:
- 1.6-liter engine generating 121 hp and 113 lb-ft of torque
- Standard six-speed manual or available CVT transmission
- Three FWD driving modes: normal, eco and sport with snow mode offering increased traction
- 8-inch touchscreen with knobs for volume control and tuning and HVAC
- Android Auto and CarPlay compatible, available navigation and satellite radio
- Hyundai SmartSense active safety suite including Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection; Driver Attention Warning; Lane Keeping Assist; Available Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist and Blind Spot Collision Warning
- Other options such as heated front seats, remote start
- Three price levels: SE, SEL and Denim
- Hyundai’s best-in-industry warranty
The 2020 Hyundai Venue slots in behind the award-winning Hyundai Kona, but will be the most affordable Sport Utility Vehicle in the Hyundai lineup.
The 2020 Venue hits the Schomp Hyundai showroom this month.