Hyundai Rolls over the Competition in Awards and Recognitions
Hyundai rakes in honors and awards for quality, value and safety. In fact, last year the 2019 Hyundai Kona and Kona Electric were given the auto industry’s most prestigious award, the 2019 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year! That’s a huge turnaround from the 1980s, when Hyundai’s first model, the Hyundai Excel, earned a reputation for poor quality and reliability.
It proves that Hyundai continually improves and innovates so that consumers will know when they purchase a Hyundai, they’re getting the best. Take a look at what we’ve won in just the last two years:
Annual awards given out by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- 2019 IIHS Top Safety Pick+ (criteria include good ratings in driver-side small overlap front, passenger-side small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraint tests, plus advanced or superior in front crash prevention and good headlight rating) – 2020 Palisade, 2019 Nexo, 2019 Tucson, 2019 Elantra, 2019 Sonata, 2019 Kona, 2019 Santa Fe, 2019 Sonata Hybrid.
- NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating – 2020 Kona, 2020 Santa Fe
Quality and Dependability
- J.D. Power ranks Hyundai in the top three of its “2019 Initial Quality Study.”
- J.D. Power names 2019 Santa Fe its highest-ranked Midsize SUV in Initial Quality.
- Wards 10 Engines names Hyundai Kona Electric and Hyundai Nexo EV two of its 2019 Best Engines.
- Kelley Blue Book KBB.com ranks 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe “Lowest 5-Year Cost to Own in its Class.
Design and Innovation
- Red Dot Award for design excellence recognizes 2019 Hyundai Palisade for “bold mid-size design.”
- The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design recognizes the 2019 Hyundai Kona and 2019 Hyundai Santa Fed with its 2018 GOOD DESIGN™ Awards.
- Auto Guide’s “10 Best Vehicle and Technology Innovations” for 2018 recognizes the 2019 Santa Fe’s Safe Exit Assist and Rear Occupant Alert.
- The Industrial Designers Society of America gives a Silver IDEA award to the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe for “forward-thinking design.”
- Hispanic Motor Press names 2020 Santa Fe “Family Vehicle of the Year,” and the 2020 Hyundai Sonata “Best Sedan of the Year.”
- Kelley Blue Book KBB.com ranks the 2020 Hyundai Kona, Kona Electric. Santa Fe “Best Buys.”
- Kelley Blue Book KBB.com ranks the 2019 Hyundai Veloster N and Hyundai Kona “Best Buys.”
- Kelley Blue Book KBB.com ranks the 2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid, and 2019 Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid “Best Plug-in Hybrid Cars under $40,000.”
- Kelley Blue Book KBB.com ranks the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe “Best Family Car of 2019.”
- Kelley Blue Book KBB.com ranks the 2019 Hyundai Sonata and Sonata Hybrid “2019 Best Sedans Under $30,000.”
- U.S. News & World Report names 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe its “Best New SUV for Teens ($30,000-$35,000)” and 2019 “Best New Car for Teens (Under $20,000).”
So, if we happen to mention that Schomp Hyundais are “award-winning,” you’ll know it’s not just an idle boast.